As with all great origin stories, theirs starts with two bandmates in a basement. In the early 2000s, Corey Waldron, guitarist by night, was working as a barista and roaster when he started thinking about the disconnect between drink production and drink consumption. As a barista, he understood the craft going into each drink, but didn’t feel it always translated to the customer standing on the other side of a big countertop machine.
Corey’s initial thinking, combined with bassist Aric Forbing’s experience as a machine pattern engineer, soon turned into a brand new way to design an espresso machine, with the inner workings tucked neatly under the counter.
Part of the La Marzocco Family
First introduced to the under-counter concept in 2007 at the SCAA Expo in Long Beach, La Marzocco was an early investor in Modbar. In 2016, La Marzocco took a more active role in supporting Modbar and as of March 2017.
Modbar and La Marzocco now work closely together in all aspects of the business, from sales and service to marketing and manufacturing.
Since Modbar is a modular system, each piece of equipment can stand alone or work alongside each other. Mix and match espresso, steam and pour-over stations to set up your bar any number of ways. Explore the specifics of each system below, then reach out to us with any questions.
About Modbar Espresso AV
The product of years of collaborative R&D between Modbar and La Marzocco, and based on R&D from the Linea PB and Linea Mini, Modbar Espresso AV comes with the same level of reliability, performance and temperature stability that made the Linea PB an industry icon.
- One under-counter module can support two espresso taps
- No additional power required to support two taps
- Ideal for high-volume environments
- Precise temperature stability, the same as the Linea PB
- Simple controls and multi-position programmable lever
- Dose by volume, weight or continuously
- Auto back-flush and rinse programs
- Adaptable drip tray comes with or without a built-in scale
With the Espresso AV, power, water and drain connections have been moved to the side of the module for easy technician access. Above-counter service is simplified with a removable group cap that allows easy access to inner workings.
- Extra Espresso Tap: R60,299
Rent from R159 per day
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)