As with all great origin stories, theirs starts with two bandmates in a basement. In the early 2000s, Corey Waldron, guitarist by night, was working as a barista and roaster when he started thinking about the disconnect between drink production and drink consumption. As a barista, he understood the craft going into each drink, but didn’t feel it always translated to the customer standing on the other side of a big countertop machine.
Corey’s initial thinking, combined with bassist Aric Forbing’s experience as a machine pattern engineer, soon turned into a brand new way to design an espresso machine, with the inner workings tucked neatly under the counter.
Part of the La Marzocco Family
First introduced to the under-counter concept in 2007 at the SCAA Expo in Long Beach, La Marzocco was an early investor in Modbar. In 2016, La Marzocco took a more active role in supporting Modbar and as of March 2017.
Modbar and La Marzocco now work closely together in all aspects of the business, from sales and service to marketing and manufacturing.
Since Modbar is a modular system, each piece of equipment can stand alone or work alongside each other. Mix and match espresso, steam and pour-over stations to set up your bar any number of ways. Explore the specifics of each system below, then reach out to us with any questions.
About Modbar Steam
Recreate a traditional espresso machine with two Steam systems next to your Modbar Espresso, or set up distinct service areas to suit your workflow. We’ve even seen cafes add Steam (rather than purchasing a second espresso machine) to boost throughput.
- Double wall pro touch stainless steel wand to prevent burns
- Ergonomic handle designed to match Espresso AV
- Two steam tips included
- Simple on/off switch controlled by solenoid in the module
- Minimal purge required with no steam valve rebuilds
- Omnidirectional ball fitting for ambidextrous use
- Right-hand side connections for easy service access
Each Modbar Steam module can support two above-counter taps. Modules should be installed directly below the taps, with enough space above, behind, and to the right to allow for air flow and technician access.
- Extra Steam Tap: R41,489
Rent from R103 per day
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)