BARATZA™ (bah-rah-tsa) suggests (from Arabic and Swahili) a place where locals gather to drink coffee.
Designed and engineered in Seattle, USA Baratza has since its inception in 1999, offered high-quality, state-of-the-art grinders for those who care about making the best coffees. Created by the dynamic team of Kyle Anderson and Kyra Kennedy, Baratza quickly became known as the company to turn to for innovation, quality, and consistency.
About the Sette 270 Weighted Dosing
The Sette 270 Weighted Dosing is the first ever home grinder offering grind by weight functionality directly into your portafilter or grounds bin.
Dosage is calculated and controlled automatically by a precise digital scale utilizing Acaia weighing technology. The i in Wi stands for intelligent – the grinder quickly calculates and self-adjusts after changes in coffee bean or grind size. It also includes Bluetooth connectivity so that you can pair your Sette 270Wi with Acaia’s Sette Updater app on iOS to ensure timely updates if a change to the software is made.
The revolutionary gearbox and burrset design provide fast grinding and minimal waste, with an integrated adjustment assembly offering you 30 macro steps of adjustment plus 9 marked settings of stepless micro-adjustment for responsive grind setting changes. Explore different brewing methods with a convertible device holder that allows for hands-free grinding, into a portafilter, the included grounds bin, or most popular brewing devices.
- Burrs & Brewing Methods: Manufactured by Etzinger in Liechtenstein, the Sette 270Wi is built with 40mm conical S1 burrs, which produce weight-based espresso grind, as well as grinding for manual brewing requiring a finer grind range (e.g.weight-based Aeropress and Hario V60). They grind coffee at 3.5g to 5.5 g/sec. depending on the roast and the setting. The burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years.
- Convertiable device holder & grounds bin: A built-in convertible holder, unique to the Sette Series, allows you to grind directly into your portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices (V60, Clever, Kalita, etc.). The rubber sleeves on the arms are fully rotational allowing you the option to position them in a way that best suits the tool/brew-method you are using. The arms can accommodate portafilters from sizes 49mm to 58mm and the holder includes an integrated hook for stability.
- Acaia Weight Based Dosing: This grinder was designed with a built-in scale using the weighing technology of Acaia, giving precise and accurate weight-based dosing, and a 10th of a gram sensitivity. The 270Wi has the revolutionary ability to grind by weight directly into a portafilter - a breakthrough in grinding technology! This unique grinder design responds to the Specialty Coffee user trend of using specific weight based recipes for coffee preparation.
- Speed To Grind: Espresso 3.5g/sec—Manual Brewing 5.5g/sec
- Burrs: 40 mm Steel by Etzinger
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 300-400gm
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 160gm
- Weight: 3.2kg
- Dimensions WxHxD (cm): 13 x 40 x 24
- Power Rating: 220-240VAC 50/60 Hz, 240W 1.6A, class I
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)