Bialetti has been making stovetop coffee makers since the 1930s, beginning with the iconic Moka Express. The name Bialetti is in many countries known as stovetop kettles, replacing the latter in many instances. This tells the story itself. A brand that has been delivering quality stove top makers for almost a hundred years.
The Bialetti Brikka is a new, improved version of the classic Moka Express for those who want to get something as close to genuine espresso as they can at home. While classic moka pots like the Moka Express & Venus can provide a very tasty coffee, the one thing they can't do is produce a good crema - for some the ultimate sign of high quality espresso.
The reason that traditional moka pots can't produce crema is that they provide much less pressure than an espresso machine. To address this, Bialetti designed the Brikka which provides more pressure and produces a shot with crema, provided that you are using coffee that is very fresh and roasted to an espresso profile. It also should yield a more full-bodied drink regardless of what coffee you use. In the newest version, this is achieved by means of a silicone pressure regulator which Bialetti also says will enhance coffee creaminess.
The Brikka also features a small opening in the lid that prevents condensation from forming and unintentionally diluting your coffee. This ensures you get maximum richness and strength in the final product.
Bialetti Brikka size guide
The Brikka comes in 2 sizes. The 2 Cup is perfect for one person as it makes one double espresso. The 4 Cup is perfect for sharing between two people - or for a big coffee drinker! A cup in this instance is roughly an espresso shot (~30ml) in terms of yield.
Bialetti Brikka features
- Makes a concentrated rich espresso-style coffee with crema (if coffee is sufficiently fresh)
- Suitable for gas & electric stovetops (not induction)
- Easy to wash - by hand with warm water (not dishwasher safe)
- Aluminium body
- Heat & burn proof silicone handle
- Silicone pressure regulator
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)