La Marzocco was founded in 1927 in Florence, Italy. In 1939, it was La Marzocco that developed and patented the first coffee machine with a horizontal boiler, now an industry standard. Today, La Marzocco remains an artisan company, while offering important advancements in equipment technology to its customers and in the industry.
About the La Marzocco GS3 Espresso Machine
The La Marzocco engineering group set out to take the most advanced La Marzocco technology and translate it for a home espresso machine. The GS3 features the thermal stability system used in the La Marzocco Strada, including a preheating system, digital PID controller, saturated groups, a dual-boiler system, and digital display. These features make for a luxury espresso preparation platform: everything you could hope for as someone who wants to enjoy the best-quality espresso at home. All that’s left for you to do is to grind, dose, and tamp.
La Marzocco GS3 - AV vs. MP
The La Marzocco GS3 comes in two versions. The AV or Automatic version features volumetric functionality. This means you can set the volume of water you want to use for your espresso and the machine brews accordingly.
The MP or Manual Paddle version incorporates a paddle-based extraction system like the type you find on the Strada. Combined with a periscope-style pressure gauge, this allows you to manually pressure-profile your espresso. In other words you can vary the brew time and the brew pressure during the course of the extraction, to completely optimise your espresso!
La Marzocco GS3 Features
- Comes in Automatic (AV) and Manual Paddle (MP) versions
- Double stainless steel insulated boilers for brewing and steaming
- Digital display and control panel
- Internal volumetric rotary pump
- Saturated brewing groups
- Dual PID temperature stabilisation
- Built-in brew water preheating system
- Performance touch wands to avoid burning
- Separate steam and hot water wands
- Can be used with tank or connected to a water source
La Marzocco GS3 Specifications
- Height: 35.5cm
- Width: 40cm
- Depth: 53cm
- Weight: 35kg
- Voltage: 220V
- Power: 2100W
- Coffee Boiler Capacity: 1.5L
- Steam Boiler Capacity: 3.5L
- Water Reservoir Capacity: 3.5L
Options and customisations
- Custom colour panels: R9,950
Enquire about the options for machine customisations. Maple and walnut wood kits available on request.
Rent from R134 per day
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)