La Marzocco was founded in 1927 in Florence, Italy. In 1939, it was La Marzocco that developed and patented the first coffee machine with a horizontal boiler, now an industry standard. Today, La Marzocco remains an artisan company, while offering important advancements in equipment technology to its customers and in the industry.
About the La Marzocco Linea PB Espresso Machine
The Linea PB features the iconic La Marzocco polished stainless steel body, updated with simplified lines and a lower profile, equipped with exclusive, user friendly interface software that gives the barista direct functional control over boiler temperature, brewing volume, hot water tap dose, auto-back flush as well as other options. The Linea PB’s lower profile and increased work area also make it practical, without abandoning world renown Italian design.
Linea PB Model S vs Model X
The main differentiator between the Model S and Model X is the boiler system. The Model X has independent boilers for each group head and a boiler for the steam wands, whereas the Model S has one boiler for the group heads and one for the steam wands.
5 years after the launch of the Linea PB, which has become a trusted industry workhorse, La Marzocco introduced a version of the machine equipped with the most advanced La Marzocco technologies.
These include pre-heating system, independent boilers, hot water mixing valve accessible from the side panel and Pro Touch steam wands. The Linea PB X features refreshed aesthetics based on the presence of barista lights as standard and white details such as logos, manometer, display lettering and keypads. The dynamic preheater ensures unmatched temperature stability, provides steady brew water and steam even at the peak of the morning rush.
AV vs ABR
The model S and model X are both available in AV or ABR:
- AV (Automatic Volumetric) : Offering software-driven, highly accurate volumetric brewing, for consistency in high-volume environments.
- ABR (Auto Brew Ratio): Auto Brew Ratio uses precision scales built beneath each group of the machine. The Auto Brew Ratio scales are incorporated into the espresso machine’s electronics system and provide the barista a new level of consistency, by giving control over beverage mass.
Auto Brew Ratio has two modes: Mass Mode and Ratio Mode
In Mass Mode, the barista programs the desired finished beverage mass. The barista activates the brew group by selecting one of the programmed beverage mass buttons. When the desired beverage mass has been reached, the machine automatically stops the brewing process.
Mass mode is best applied in café settings where the barista weighs the ground coffee in the portafilter for every shot, and has a specific target weight for the finished beverage.
Using ratio mode, the barista programs the preferred brew ratio into the machine. When preparing to brew, the barista places the loaded portafilter on the drip tray scale, allowing the espresso machine to weigh the ground coffee. The barista may then engage the portafilter and activate the brewing cycle by selecting one of the programmed brew ratio buttons. The Ratio Mode will automatically stop the shot when the correct brew ratio is achieved.
Ratio mode is best applied in coffee bars that do not weigh every ground coffee dose, or those cafes that would like to eliminate the step of weighing and correcting the coffee dose to a tenth of a gram. Auto Brew Ratio allows the barista to eliminate the step of weighing and correcting the coffee dose, while still consistently achieving the same brew ratio.
La Marzocco Linea PB Espresso Machine features
- Comes in automatic (AV) and auto brew ratio (ABR) versions
- Polished stainless steel exterior
- Saturated brewing groups
- Separate insulated brewing and steaming boilers
- Dual PID brewing and steaming temperature controllers
- Eco mode for reduced power usage
- 2.5cm extra cup clearance for tall cups
- Automatic back flush programme
- Digital display for temperature, shot timers, flow pulse counter
- Intuitive programming interface simplifies the adjustment of machine parameters
- USB interface for firmware updates
- Comes with stainless steel portafilters and precision baskets
Options and customisations
- High legs: R7,199
- Water sensor: R11,399
Special order customisations (extended lead time):
- Custom colour: R32,699
- Electric cup warmer: R11,599
Rent from R245 per day
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)