Mahlkonig is one of the most respected manufacturers of high end commercial and espresso coffee grinders. Their grinders are known to be precise, reliable and able to handle serious volumes. They have a variety of models available to choose from, and with the E65S, they've created an espresso grinder which we think is perfect for the South African speciality café.
About the Mahlkonig E65S Espresso Grinder
The E65S espresso grinder is a fairly new release which replaces the classic K30 in their product line. Those that knew the K30 loved it for its grind consistency, speed and reliability. The E65S inherits all of those great qualities, and adds some impressive new features to the mix.
Perhaps the most noticeable difference between the K30 and E65S is the slick new look and drastically reduced footprint. Given that none of the power or throughput has been compromised, this is an impressive change. It also features a beautiful, easy to use touch-screen display, 6 programmable doses and much quieter operation.
There are also lots of smaller details that Mahlkonig has attended to: a sturdier hopper, a chute that slides out for cleaning, a de-clumping flap for the ultimate fluffy grind. These are just a few of the many clever design features included in the E65S.
With a grinding speed of 4-7g/s, the E65S espresso grinder is impressively fast, and should provide ample capacity even for relatively busy speciality cafés in SA. It shouldn't miss a beat grinding for a few hundred cups per day. If you're looking to serve top quality coffee, pair the Mahlkonig E65S with a high quality commercial espresso machine.
Mahlkonig E65S Espresso Grinder features
- Highly consistent grind
- Icon-driven touch screen menu operation
- 6 programmable doses
- Multifunction turn & push button
- Slim chassis and small footprint
- Quiet grinding
- Quick, stepless and single-handed grind adjustment with independent locking mechanism
- Adjustable and removable spout to fit any portafilter
- Durable bean hopper
- Robust portafilter holder
Mahlkonig E65S Espresso Grinder specifications
- Voltage: 220 - 240V
- Frequency: 50 - 60 Hz
- Phase: Single
- Power: 440W
- Idle speed: 1400 rpm (50 Hz); 1650 rpm (60 Hz)
- Grinding disc diameter: 65 mm
- Grinding disc material: Special steel
- Average grinding capacity* : 4-7 g / s
- Hopper capacity: ca. 1,200 g
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 19.5 × 58.3 × 28.3 cm
- Dimensions boxed (w x h x d): 69.7 x 28.7 x 44.5 cm
- Net weight: 11.2 kg
- Gross weight: 12.7 kg
Rent from R45 per day
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)