The world of espresso technology has come leaps and bounds in recent decades. From basic steam-pressure-operated mechanical devices, we've moved on to equipment with sophisticated onboard computer controllers, PID temperature stabilisation, pressure profiling and even gravimetric dosing. Espresso grinders have undergone similar technological changes, but in one department, espresso is still pretty old school: tamping.
In most cafés around the world, tamping is still an entirely manual, uncontrolled process. You're relying on a human being not only to repeat a physical process reliably, but also to detect the pressure applied and ensure it's perfectly level, simply by touch. It's no wonder that tamping is one of the biggest sources of inconsistency in coffee! In a high volume environment, it's also a source of repetitive strain injuries.
Thankfully, one clever Dutch company has changed all this now! The Puqpress provides completely consistent tamping quickly and efficiently, removing a huge source of error and fatigue in any coffee business.
The Puqpress M3 solves the tamping problem extremely elegantly. It is designed for a seamless fit with Mahlkonig's E65s and E65s GBW. It's very easy to use - just insert below your grinder and it tamps! It does so in about a second (depending on the profile set), and it allows you to set the tamping pressure at your desired level (by kilogram). It can fit pretty much any portafilter, naked or with spouts, and its non-stick tamping surface avoids any issues with coffee residue. It's compact, attractive, and really a must-have for coffee operations looking for consistent extraction.
Puqpress M3 Precision Coffee Tamper features
- Completely consistent tamping
- No need for counter space. Simply place your grinder on top of the tamper
- Built for high volumes (unlimited tamps)
- Auto activation (by inserting tamper)
- Adjustable portafilter height
- Fits any portafilter from 53mm to 58mm
- Works with all types of portafilters: Naked, single spout and double spouts
- Pressure can be set by kg (between 5 and 30 kgs)
- Small footprint
- Nano non-stick tamp head
Puqpress M3 Precision Coffee Tamper specifications
- Flat bottom tamper shape
- 53 - 58mm tamping surface (adjustable)
- Compatible with naked portafilter
- Cycle duration: 1.3s
- 4.6kg net weight
- Dimensions: 28.3cm ×19.4cm ×14.7cm (D x W x H)
- Power: 76W
- Warranty: 2 years (unlimited tamps)
- Force adjustment: Steps of 1kg in the range from 5-30kg
- Approvals: CB, CE, cETLus, KTC, EAC, NSF-8, PSE
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)