Mahlkonig is one of the most respected manufacturers of high-end commercial and espresso coffee grinders. Their grinders are known to be precise, reliable and able to handle serious volumes. They have a variety of models available to choose from, but the E65S GbW sits at the pinnacle of innovation in the coffee grinder space; it is the perfect grinder for a busy café wanting to deliver the highest quality of specialty coffee.
About the Mahlkonig E65S GbW Espresso Grinder
Over a decade ago, the on-demand espresso grinder was introduced to the market and it was a revolutionary change in grinding technology. On demand grinding allowed baristas to grind directly into the portafilter; this change not only meant fresher coffee but it allowed baristas to fine-tune their espresso recipes with ease and offered better consistency than ever before. As baristas became more attentive to consistency and repeatability, they began paying attention to finer details (measuring down to 0.1 of a gram of coffee) and it became evident that true consistency could only be achieved by using the same weight of ground coffee every time.
For the last decade, on demand grinders have used time-based dosing to achieve a relatively consistent dose, however, environmental factors (such as temperature and humidity) mean that inconsistency in dosing is unavoidable. We are now seeing the next revolutionary step in grinding technology. Mahlkonig's E65s GbW has a built-in scale (precise to 0.1g), and weighs the coffee as it grinds directly into the portafilter. This innovation not only makes a barista significantly more efficient by removing the need to separately weigh the coffee, but it also offers unparalleled consistency in dosing.
Grind by weight technology is not the only innovation in grind consistency that makes the Mahlkonig E65S GbW such an incredible machine. Mahlkonig has also introduced its patented Disc Distance Detection technology; this technology allows you to set your grind based on the distance between the burrs, making grind setting more measurable and therefore more repeatable than ever before. After all, if it can be measured, it can be managed.
All of this innovation combined with Mahlkonig's dedication to quality and innovation in coffee grinders means that the E65S GbW is a powerhouse to be reckoned with. Its ultra-sharp 65mm burrs are made from a specially developed steel and offer the excellent particle distribution that has come to be expected from Mahlkonig products. There are also lots of smaller details that Mahlkonig has attended to: a sturdy hopper, a chute that slides out for cleaning and a de-clumping flap for the ultimate fluffy grind to name a few of the many clever design features included in the E65S GbW.
If you're looking to serve top-quality coffee with unparalleled consistency, pair the Mahlkonig E65S GbW with a high-quality commercial espresso machine.
Mahlkonig E65S GbW Espresso Grinder features
- Innovative grind by weight technology offers unparalleled dose consistency
- Disc Distance Detection allows unprecedented repeatability in grind settings
- Highly consistent grind
- Icon-driven touch screen menu operation
- Programmable doses
- Multifunction turn & push button
- Slim chassis and small footprint
- Quiet grinding
- Quick, stepless and single-handed grind adjustment
- Adjustable and removable spout to fit any portafilter
- Durable bean hopper
- Robust portafilter holder
Mahlkonig E65S GbW Espresso Grinder specifications
- Idle speed: 1400 rpm (50 Hz) | 1700 rpm (60 Hz)
- Grinding disc diameter: 65 mm
- Grinding disc material: Special steel
- Average grinding capacity: 50hz: 4-5 g/s @250µm | 60hz: 5-6 g/s @250µm
- Hopper capacity: 1,200 g
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 19.5 × 62 × 28.3 cm
- Dimensions boxed (w x h x d): 69.7 x 28.7 x 47.5 cm
- Net weight: 12.2 kg
- Gross weight: 14 kg
- Voltage | Frequency | Phase | Power:
- 220 - 240V | 50 / 60 Hz | Single Phase | 440 Watts
- 110 - 127V | 60 Hz | Single Phase | 580 Watts
- 100V | 50 / 60 Hz | Single Phase | 550 / 700 Watts
Rent from R55 per day
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)