The company was founded in 1984 as Aerobie, Inc. by inventor and retired Stanford University engineering instructor Alan Adler. For many years they manufactured high performance sport toys, including the Aerobie Pro flying ring, which was used to set a Guinness World Record for farthest thrown object.
Then, in 2004, Alan began studying the brewing process with a simple goal in mind: brew a superior cup of coffee. The AeroPress Original debuted to critical acclaim in 2005, and is now sold in over 80 countries. It has even inspired the World AeroPress Championship, a fan-driven global phenomenon where creative coffee lovers from over 60 countries compete to make the best cup of coffee using their favorite AeroPress recipe.
In 2017 they sold the Aerobie sport toy line and became AeroPress, Inc. Smart design and creativity have always been the heart of what they do, and along with their customers, partners, and the World AeroPress Championship, they are now squarely focused on inspiring even more coffee lovers around the world to revolutionize their coffee routine!
Make the perfect cup,every time
The AeroPress Original sets a new standard for coffee lovers, who can make incredible tasting coffee and espresso at home. Immersion brewing technology extracts the most flavor and a paper micro-filter ensures no grit.
The result: clean, bright, smooth coffee.
Make delicious coffee in 3 simple steps:
- Add coffee and water
- Stir and brew in 10-30 seconds
- Press your perfect cup into a mug
(Refer to the GIF in the media for a visual!)
If you’re new to brewing, keep these tips in mind to make your perfect cup:
- Press gently
Pressing too fast or with too much force compacts the coffee grounds, making it harder to press into your mug
- Grind size
If the water is running through too fast, your grind is too coarse
- Trust your taste
Rather than focusing on brewing in the “right” way, prioritize finding a method that makes coffee you love. If it tastes good, you’re doing it right!
Brewing Ratio for AeroPress Brewing
In the context of AeroPress brewing, to brew a six-ounce (175 ml) cup of coffee, the recipe could be expressed several different ways: It is consistent (within an acceptable margin of error) to brew with one scoop of coffee + six ounces hot water. It is precise using a scale and the 1:17 ratio, to brew with 10 grams of coffee and 170 grams of hot water: 10 x 17 = 170. (It should be noted that with brewing volumes larger than the capacity of the AeroPress brew chamber, the effective brew ratio can range 1:10 to 1:13, and the resulting brew will be diluted to the strength of a 1:15-1:19 brew.)
What's included in the box:
- AeroPress Original Chamber & Plunger: For brewing the most delicious coffee ever!
- Micro-Filters: Includes 350 replacement AeroPress micro-filters. Micro-filters remove grit from your coffee, unlike other press-type coffee makers.
- Filter Holder, & Filter Cap: The filter holder stores filters neatly on your counter and keeps them easily accessible.
- Funnel: Make it easy to transfer ground coffee from your grinder to the AeroPress Original chamber.
- Stirrer: Designed to be the perfect length for the AeroPress Original.
- Scoop: Measures just the right amount of coffee for delicious, easy AeroPress Original recipes.
Hey, we get it, coffee equipment is not cheap! And paying the bills with coffee takes time. Use our payment options to ease up some cashflow!
We now offer you the following options:
1) Settle immediately with either YOCO or PayFlex
2) Shop on credit with Mobicred (via Peach Payments)
3) Use now, pay later with Payflex (via Peach Payments)
4) Use now, rent until you own with Buna Rent-to-own
5) Apply for financing through Buna Coffee (refer to this link)